How to deal with someone who was shocked with electricity.
Electrical installations/devices can always be a source of hazard. There may be incidents in which a staff member of commercial premises or a family member of residential premises may receive an electric shock.
Electric shocks are caused by contact with live electricity sending an electric current through the body. Sometimes the electricity can cause a burn where the electricity entered or exited the body.
According to HSE’s health and safety statistics, between 2015 and 2020, 3% of workers died from contact with electricity and 1, 122 workers sustained non-fatal injuries from contact with electricity.
These steps are recommend to avoid putting yourself in danger:
- Look don’t touch the electric shock victim immediately. The human body is an excellent conductor of electricity. The person may still be in contact with the electricity, if you touch them, you will receive an electric shock too.
- Call an emergency service quickly to help the victim.
- Turn off the main supply to save the premises/victim from any further damage. Turn off the electrical supply, unplug the machine, or switch off the fuse box, if within reach. Turn off the power supply before touching the victim.
- Use a material that does not conduct electricity like dry wooden broom handle to separate the person from the electricity source.
- Administer first aid to the victim once he/she’s away from the current. Check to see if the person is awake and breathing. Gently touch and converse with the individual.
- If no response received, begin CPR. If you get an electrical burn, treat it. Place burnt area under running water at least 20 minutes before covering with sterile gauze bandage or clean cloth. Avoid using blanket or towel because it has loose fibers that sticks to the burns.
In order to serve your needs for such electrical emergencies, Positive Contractors Ltd offers the services of Best Emergency Electricians.
- Our mission is to attain service quality at its zenith. Expect work of supreme quality having high standards of organization with no later disruption.
- Upon receiving calls / messages, our Emergency Electrician will reach your place as quickly as possibly (one hour at the max).
- We will arrange immediately repair shock emitting or on-fire devices and would be accompanied by safety gears to deal the situation. They would also arrange to counsel the family/staff members in proper care and maintenance.
- There is a one-year guarantee for all our works and assure you of the quality of service in our work.
So, contact Emergency Electricians for any emergency electrical situations arising at your premises.
You can click the link of online chat of ‘Best Emergency Electricians’ on the homepage of www.positivecontractors.co.uk . You may also contact us by email or phone, or to visit our Facebook page Click Here, Our representative would reach destination as soon as possible to attend to your emergency needs.